Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Product Review- Mint Julep Masque

Hello everyone! Am I the only one who loves face masks? Hopefully not, I'm the only one in my family who does them and they always say it's weird. If it makes my skin feel nice, I don't care. 

Recently, I've been using the Mint Julep Masque. It's a clay mask that you leave on your skin until it's all dried up and hard and then wash it off. The thing is with clay masks, it's hard to move your face with it on. 

This mask claims to help with acne, blackheads, and large pores. Since I've been using it, I haven't seen a huge difference in my acne, and I can't tell you if it gets rid of black heads because I don't get them. But it does shrink my pores. I found that it does last for a while (about a full day after I use it), which I was really surprised about. Most masks leave my pores shrunken for a limited amount of time. 

If you are sensitive to scents, then I definitely do not suggest this because it has a very strong mint smell. I, personally, find it refreshing because mint wakes me up and my skin has no problem with scents. It's just something to be aware of. 

What I love about this mask is the price! I got this for about $5! I've used clay masks that cost up to $30 and this is just as effective in shrinking my pores. You also get a lot more product because the tube is almost twice the size of most masks provided by other brands.

Me with my hair pulled back and in my pj's. The perfect time to do a face mask! 


Pros
-Cheap!
-Shrinks pores
-Long lasting
-Refreshing scent

Cons
-Doesn't help a lot with acne
-Can be irritating for some skin types

Overall, I think this is a fantastic product for it's price. I'm no longer going to spend three times the money on a clay mask when this one works just as well.

3 comments:

  1. Wow~ Definitely affordable! o:
    I might have to look for this after I'm down with my current clay masks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya, the clay mask looks amazing and you look pretty with your ponytail hair, pajamas and the mask on your face :D I swear I'd look like a ghost haha anyway I've just nominated you for liebster award so check it out here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was actually nervous about posting that photo. And thank you for the nomination! I'll do that real soon.

      Delete