Sunday, September 21, 2014

Product Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse

Hey cuties! So I was in randomly in Ulta one day and this weird thing happened. Somehow, products just found their way into my hands and before I knew it I was at the cash register, handing over my money. Who am I kidding? I've been wanting to try this Tarte Brow Mousse since it came out. I finally got my grubby little fingers on it and now I'm doing a review! That's how it works, right?


First of all, I love how this comes with a double-ended brow brush. It's really good quality and you don't have to buy it separately. The actual product comes in a little pot with the iconic Amazonian clay logo. Also, Tarte is one of those brands that is very naturally-derived and cruelty free. So no bunnies were harmed in the making of this product! 


When I first tried this, I was really impressed by the look it gave me because it was really easy to get the shape that I like. I think that's partly due to how this the brush is so it gives precise lines. The product is creamy enough to blend but dry enough that it's not going to make your eyebrows look or feel wet. If you're like me and you need to reconstruct your brows from nothing, this will probably work out well for you because you can build it up without looking like it's too much. A little goes a long way so I have a feeling it'll last me a really long time.

Okay, now for my favorite part. It lasts so long! I mean, I put this on at 6 am, go to school, go to work, run some last minute errands, get home around 9 pm, and my brows are still there. I love my Anastazia Brow Wiz, but it didn't last that long.


Okay, I'm still iffy about the color. I got the shade Taupe, which is supposed to be cool toned, but this is really red. I don't like red in my brows. It still works for me, but I was pretty disappointed. Eh, maybe I'll get over it, maybe I won't. But that is something to be aware of if you get the Taupe shade.


Oh, what? A picture of myself? This doesn't happen often, but I endured the awkward posing for you guys. But you can see how it looks on me. ;D

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? Do you like warm or cool toned brows? I love warm tones, but it's a different story when it comes to my brows. See you next time! XD

13 comments:

  1. THIS. It looks pretty good on you! Looks natural too <3 My prayers have been answered omg. Been needing a good brow product since FOREVER and although Anastasia is good, it's not my HG. Gonna buy this as soon as I get some extra money xD Thanks for the review~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems like we're all on the hunt for the perfect brow product ;D

      Delete
  2. That looks so good! Your eyebrows look amazing. I wish we had that. Would be such a perfect colour for my brows ♥x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Too bad you can't get it though. :( hate how different brands are only available in certain countries.

      Delete
  3. Hello, gorgeous! :)
    I've been looking for a brow product that gives a creamy finish. Thanks for showcasing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks really great on you. Sounds like a lovely product, will check this out.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha you look pretty!! awkard pose? pleasee!! you have really nice features XD
    Lovely review! I thought it was a eyeliner at first ahahah ><
    btw, I'd like to invite you to my giveaway where you could win $90 worth of korean cosmetics!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2014/09/winter-blush-x-charrmyn-giveaway_9.html
    I hope you'll check it out & join~
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Kara Youngji Day&Night Makeup Tutorial || Korean Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charmaine! Haha, I can see how you would think it was an eyeliner. It does look like one. ;D

      Delete
  6. Actually, since your hair seems to have warm undertones, I think Taupe suits you just fine :) But it's a matter of preference I guess, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete