Hey cuties! I think I've mentioned before that I kind of like these "what's in my bag" posts because I'm a little nosy. I'll admit it. So I wanted to do this post where I stuffed all of my makeup and skincare into one small bag. I hope you guys like long posts, because this is one of those posts. There's also pictures and information about my cabin trip at the end!
P.S. I forgot to include my face primer, but I definitely brought that along with.
Being a beauty blogger, this was hard picking only the essentials to bring. Especially for me because I'm one who tends to over pack. Does anyone else have that problem?
1. Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream- Deodorant, not much to say. It was 90 degrees out the whole time we were at the cabin.
2. Cetaphil Moisturizer in an Etude House Moistful Cream Sample- I pumped some of my Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion into the empty Etude House sample because it has SPF 30 and I didn't want to bring the whole bottle.
3. Biotera Long and Healthy Shampoo- Got this at Sally's in the discount section.
1. Covergirl Eyebrow Pencil- My eyebrows are transparent because they're blonde. I need to fill them in.
2. Up & Up Eyeliner Brush- A cheap brush I used for my eyebrows. It's not so good for liner.
3. Mystery Eyebrow Powder From Sally's- I don't know the brand of this powder, but it has two shades and I use it to darken my eyebrows in some parts with the liner brush.
4. Sally Girl Eyeshadow- For my brow bone and inner corners.
5. Loreal Eyeliner Brush- Came with the gel eyeliner
6. Loreal Gel Liner in Brown- This is great for tight-lining your upper lash line for the allusion of fuller lashes.
7. Sonia Kashuk Spooly Brush- To blend out eyebrows.
8. NYC Liquid Eyeliner- This is actually a really good liner for the price. If you're in a pinch, I suggest getting this.
1. Holika Holika Petit BB Cream- Don't think this needs an explanation. Review here
2. Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer 125 Fair- My favorite drugstore concealer.
3. Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara- To set my brows.
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya- Review here
5. Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Medium Bronze- Not a good bronzer, but it's the only one I own right now.
1. Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara- Gotta have mascara!
2, Nevia Lip Butter- Review here
3, Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact- Review coming soon
4. Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Sheets- If you're an oily girl, blotting sheets are a must.
5. Epiduo Sample- My prescription acne medication.
6. Makeup Sponge- To blend BB cream
7. Calvin Kein Perfume- So I don't stink.
Here's a sneak peek into my cabin weekend!
So, I went up with only my sisters and we got to hang out in the cabin that we share with my (very large) extended family. My great uncle actually built it and we've been coming back for generations. Because we are very Finnish, we have a lot of traditions like going into the sauna (yep, Uncle Wayne had to build a sauna), playing Finnish card games, we even have Finnish sayings plastered all over our walls. Some of my family members speak Finnish, but I can't so I don't know what it says.
Anyway, here's the view from the dock. Like I said before, it was 90 degrees or higher the entire time we were up there so we hung out in our swim suites most of the time because we were going to end up jumping in the lake sooner or later. It was fun because I got a little bit of sun and I didn't have to wear pants the whole time! It was too hot for pants anyway.
I thought this was cute. My uncle always used to tell us stories about the trolls that lived on the island, but they always changed every year. Do you see my reflection in the window? That is probably the only appearance I will make in this post because I didn't have any makeup on and I didn't do my hair for two days. Who needs to look pretty at the cabin?
My favorite part was probably taking the canoe out onto the lake and there's this one part where it's almost all lily pads. The first time we went out, the blossoms were already closed up for the night. So we went out the next morning so I could get some pictures. They were soo pretty!
In the far left part of this picture, you can see a little bit of green on top of the lake, those were the lily pads. This was also taken from our dock.
You can never have enough pictures of the lake at sunset. We actually had to take the canoe out again to paddle around the island that was blocking the view. But it was totally worth it because I got a ton of pictures and the water was so calm because the wind died down and it was before all the night fishermen came out.
My sister and I both agreed that the tip of the canoe was a nice touch.
I have more pictures, but I thought that this post was long enough. The pictures of the makeup and skincare products were taken at my house because I knew I wasn't going to have enough time to take pictures at the cabin. We only stayed there for about two days but we got a lot done in that time frame.
Let me know how you liked this post! Do you prefer a beach or a lake getaway? I'm from Minnesota (A.K.A. The Land of 10,000 Lakes, but we have a lot more than 10,000) so I can't have a beach getaway. Or at least at this moment I can't. ;) See you next time!