Sunday, May 5, 2013

Product Review: Nivea Lip Butter

Hello everyone! I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I just recently got the Nivea Lip Butter at my local grocery store, and now I have a review!

The only flavor that was in stock was the Raspberry Rose Kiss, which is fine with me. I had originally wanted the vanilla flavor but now I'm in love with the raspberry. It's not an overpowering taste like some lip balms where it's like candy you just lick off your lips. 

The formula is super moisturizing and leave my lips soft and healthy. If I don't drink enough water, my lips get all cracked and gross. This really does replenish them really quickly and effectively. Just be warned, you want to use a small amount of this in public because it can leave a white cast over your lips. The first time I used it, I packed it on there and I looked like I was dying because all the color in my lips was gone.

This product is great for overnight lip conditioning. When I wake up, they are still soft from the night before. Also, I used this for a DIY lip scrub because I'm too cheap to buy an actual lip scrub.

Pros
-Very hydrating
-Smells great
-Very light
-Little goes a long way
-Great for DIY lip scrub
-Long Lasting

Cons
-Can take color out of your lips
-Have to use your finger to apply

Overall, I love this stuff. When I'm at home, I don't care that I look sickly if I put a lot on because it just feels so nice and soft, but at school, I make sure to go easy on applying it. I've been using this in the morning, night, and anytime in between for the past two weeks. Can't wait to try the other flavors. See you guys next time!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I wish this came in stick form! D': I don't like using my fingers to apply lip products. :c Seems very promising though~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh ive heard so much hype about this, yet i still havent gotten my hands around this!
    i just wish it came in a stick form as well, as i hate hate hate pot packaging :(
    xo; L&M
    Follow via bloglovin'
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete