Sunday, September 7, 2014

Product Review: Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Hello everyone! I got a couple requests to do a review on this sample that I got it my Ipsy bag because this is a super hyped and expensive face mask! I mean, $69 a pop kind of expensive. I don't know about you, but if I'm shelling out that kind of money, I want to make sure that it's going to work miracles for my skin.



Yay! Awkward face mask pictures! Sorry for the poor quality in the photos, my camera was not working with me.

First of all, I noticed that this has bits of what looks like tea leaves in it. Sometimes they fall off when you're trying to apply it only your skin or it just sticks on until you wash it off. I don't know what they're supposed to do but my guess is to help exfoliate. But other than that it applies pretty smoothly and it's easy to get a thin layer all over your skin.

 While you wait 10 minutes for the mask to dry, you do feel a slight tingling sensation. It's not painful or anything, I find it refreshing, but that's just me. It will harden and make your skin feel very tight like most clay masks. Sometimes you can actually see the dirt and gunk that was in your pores. Like on my nose in the picture, you can see the tiny spots. Yeah, that's dirt. Gross, I know, but you guys asked for it!


Since this is an exfoliant, you want to use circular motions while you wash this off. When it gets wet, it turns into a scrub that leaves your skin very soft. Right away, I could see that my pores were smaller and my skin was smoother. It removed the dead skin and make my skin feel very clean. If you skin is sensitive to exfoliants, then I don't think this is going to work for you because it's very gentle. My skin can handle more abrasive exfoliants so it's not a problem for me, but for others it can.

Is it worth $69? Um, yes and no. I think that other clay masks and exfoliates can get the job done, but not as well. If you have the cash to spen on it then by all means try it out. But if you're a student like me, you might want to save it for when you have a gift card to Sephora. . . or two. I do really like it and I want more of it, but I think I'll just keep trying to get samples of it. 

What do you guys think? Let me know if you've tried this mask before. See you next time! XD

7 comments:

  1. Wow super expensive probably not worth it :) but nice review and photos! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, always returning the support to lovely people like you out there!!

    www.thefacelessstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really expensive, and because im still a student im going to say no. But i want it really!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! Maybe some day you can get your hands on a sample. ;D

      Delete
  3. I have read many mixed reviews about this mask, it's super expensive and all the hype was due to celebrities. Thank you for this review, I think I will give this a miss.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't know that the hype was from celebrities. Maybe that's why it costs so much. . . :/

      Delete
  4. The spots are dirts? I don't know about that! I thought it was because of the open pores every time I wear a clay mask. So that's how it is..
    I heard that this brand is quite popular lately but I'll give this a pass as well. There are many affordable clay mask out there that performs great so I'll stick with them :D

    http://marvelikalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete