Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Product Review: Maybelline The Nudes Palette

Hey cuties! So I just got back from a very busy week so if I haven't been updating as much as I would like to. But, I have a fun review today! It's the first big eyeshadow palette I've seen come out of the drugstore. Why hasn't anyone done this before?! I feel like I always lust after palette but then cringe at the price tag because most of them are high end. Maybelline is selling this for about $9.99 at Target so it's very affordable. Yay!


First thing, I don't like the packaging. In the store, I saw that some shadows were shattered so that made me think that it's not sturdy at all. So be careful to not drop it and check out the shadows before buying. Plus, there is no mirror. And with a palette this size, there is more than enough room for a mirror. So overall cheap packaging.



Okay, onto the possitive! The shadows are places in where they can be used as duos, trios, or quads. And they include diagrams on where to place the shadows and looks you can follow. I love how much thought was put into the colors and the placement to make it easie for the user. If you are a beginner or know someone who is, this is perfect because you can learn what kind of shadows go where and are given some direction.


In my opinion, the shadows work best as quads, and that is how I swatches them. I just found that the colors worked best this way.



As you can see, some shadows are better than others. I loooove the second "quad" because of the golden/bronze colors, but the third is a total dud. I would say that the shimmery colors gave off more color than the matte. The texture is okay, more on the hard side, I'm not blown away but they're not terrible. These are the kind of shadows that really benefit with the help of a primer because they just need something to stick to. Afterwards they were great shadows to wear on an everyday basis and you can get so many looks out of it. I would recommend this if you're a beginner or if you want more neutral eye shadows (a girl can never have enough ;D). But just keep in mind to use a good primer.

See you next time! XD


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this palette. It's not available here but I know it'll be available in Canada so this will be in one of my first makeup haul. xx

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would love to see what you think of it!

      Delete
  2. even though not all the colors are that pigmented i can see a lot of ppl going for this. BUT then again, by now i feel like everyone has the naked1 or some other neutral palette so i dont know...

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, mostly everyone has a naked palette. But I guess it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

      Delete