Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Library Day #1

Since I'm staying home from school today because I had monster headaches (and I'm not the one to get head aches), I have time to look through book websites and put some books on hold at the library for when I can actually go there to pick them up.







I'm going to get the next five books in the Hana Yori Dango/Boys Over Flowers manga by Yoko Kamio. I did watch the drama with Kim Hyung Joon and Lee Min Ho and just about died it was so good, of course I'm exaggerating  but come on! So good! I'm currently on volume 20 but since they are really fast, I'm also going to get volume 21, 22, 23, and 24. About six volumes are scattered around my room because I have yet to return them. It's not the drama and there are more things added. Which is fine with me, the more Boys Over Flowers I get the happier I am. The art isn't all that appealing to me, but don't let that steer you away from them. They say with manga, it's either the art or the plot that's good, but never both. I don't know if that's true so don't hold that against me. The covers look so cheesy!



I do have some books already check out and one of them is Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin. A mother disappears in the subway in Seoul, Korea and this book explains how this effects four different family members. Following my trend in Eastern contemporary, this book automatically caught my attention.







To go with The Joy Luck Club, which was my first review here, I got another one of Amy Tan's books called Saving Fish from Drowning. A group of American artists go on journey through China and venture away from tour guide and encounter curses among other things. After seeing the title, I couldn't pass it up. I'm really interested in how it ties into the story.

The next few books are on hold on my nook using the 3M Cloud Library app. The first one is a book that I'm very excited about, it's Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. All I've heard about it is that there's a female protagonist and it has awesome dragons and those are two things I love in a book so I was sold right away. I also saw that it could be available in only a week! That's a very short time by 3M Cloud Library standards and for such a popular book.





Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs has been on my to-read list for ages. There is a lot of hype around this book but I actually don't know what it's about. I've found that going into book blindly is a whole lot more fun than if you've heard every detail from a friend. I do know that it's dark and it's a home for peculiar children. Maybe like those creepy kids in horror movies with their mangled hair in their face. We'll find out. That will be available is 15 days.





The last book I'm checking out on my nook is The Selection by Kiera Cass. I'm pretty sure this book is about a group of girls that are taking princess lessons and there's a competition between them. This also has a lot of hype. There is one problem with this book, it won't be available until a whopping 293 days! I'll probably just buy it at a second hand store by them.








No comments:

Post a Comment