Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Favorites

So there's this trend in the beauty community on youtube of make up gurus going through all the products they've loved that month. I started to wear make up little by little since middle school and I'm constantly learning more through tutorials on the internet. No, I'm not really the girly type and spend hours trying to look fantastic. I don't mind going out with little to no make up on, but I do find it interesting what it can do to enhance certain features. So that's my little disclaimer, let's go on with the favorites.


I fell in love with BB creams about 2-3 months ago. I have really oily skin and I found that foundation all over my face will just sit there and become greasy and nasty after a while. I heard about BB creams from Bubzbeauty on youtube (she is a BB cream addict too). BB creams not only provide a slight cover, but they are so light too! At first I thought Loreal London's BB was my holy grail product, until I encountered Maybelline New York's BB cream. This is creamy that matches to my skin tone (and I have really pale skin). It hydrates and has so many different benefits like SPF  30, and isn't heavy. Don't be fooled, if you also have oily skin, you still need to moisturize. I use this all over my skin and neck instead of foundation because I found that BB cream doesn't make me look like a greasy tangerine.



The thing is, with make up, I experiment with drug store products before I save up and splurge for the higher end stuff. I just want to compare them. I haven't tried a higher end BB cream because this is only my third tube of BB cream (2 of the Loreal London, and 1 of the Maybelline New York). I'm using a lot of parenthesis today.

The next item is my MAC foundation. I have tried what seems like every foundation in every drug store, and I wanted to go get my first higher end brand. The lady at the Mac desk matched the foundation to my skin and I found out that my shade is NC15. It was about $30, but it was a birthday present to myself and I paid for it with my own hard earned money. The lady showed me how a little could go a long, long way and I took note of that because there's no way I'm going to cough up that much money anytime soon.

Anyway, I use this as a concealer in those areas where I break out, have acne spots, and where's discoloration. I found that this covered up my imperfections a lot better and smoother than my concealer.

To go with my MAC foundation, I got the pressed powder as another birthday present to myself. I covet this product so much, I can't leave the house without it. With oily skin, I do love pressed powders so I can get rid of that shine and replace some color that the oil has taken away. I found that MAC's pressed powder is the best I've tried and it looks like I just on another face full of cover  up without being cakey.






Again, if you have oily skin, blotting sheets are a must have. Even my friends who don't have oily skin dig into my purse and borrow some because it's a good feeling seeing all that gunk come off your face and into this little sheet. If you don't know how they work, you just rub or dab them on your face and the paper will turn translucent when it absorbs the oil. I definitely suggest keeping some in your backpack or locker in school for those days that it seems like your makeup is going to slip off your face.






 I feel like this list of beauty products is getting a little long so I'll just tell you the others. Neutrogena's Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask. I use it as a mask about twice a week and as a cleanser in the morning and at night. Say Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Daily Balancing Moisturizer. This isn't heavy, 98% natural, easy to mix with a foundation, and cruelty free! No bunnies were harmed in the making of this moisturizer!

  I'm a healthy eater, and I actually enjoy it. Healthy foods just make me feel a whole lot more energized and happy compared to when I eat processed foods. Since it's winter, I'm pretty sure that avocados are cheaper. All you have to do is let them sit out for a few days until they are all squishy. Avocado is my favorite thing to put on my sandwiches, eggs, burritos, you get it. I might post some recipes later. I'm also an avid tea drinker. Green tea has so many benefits, you guys! Google it and you will get lists upon lists. If you don't like the plain green tea (which I understand if you don't, it has a strong leafy taste), Bigelow's green tea comes in different "flavors" so to speak. My absolute favorite is the jasmine. I love anything jasmine. It will taste ten times better if you breath in as you drink it because jasmine tea smells delicious.

Well, I have a guess monthly favorite posts will be the longest ones. Finding all those pictures is a pain but I liked how it turned out. I've always wanted to do one of these. Congrats of reading til the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment