Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Product Review: NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Tea Rose

Hey cuties! So if you follow me on twitter then you'll know about my technical difficulties with my computer. I don't like to be away from my readers for a long time. :( But! I'm back with another lippy! I don't know about you guys, but my lipstick collection is growing rapidly. My family says I have a problem, but they don't know the joy a new lipstick brings. XD


NYX lip products generally cost around $5, this one was actually a little less than that at Target. $5 is a good price in my book, especially if it works well.



The shade I ended up getting was Tea Rose because it looked like a neutral pink color, but on my lips it's a full on pink. I'm not complaining, but it wasn't what I expected.


I like the packaging because it's simple and black, yet it stands among my lipstick collection. What really drew me in was the sneak peak of the product on the bottom. I hate it when I can't see the actual color of the bullet of the lipstick before I buy it because the sticker is not always the same color. And if you don't have internet to look up a swatch, you're kind of left in the dark.

The bullet is curved and I found that it was easier to apply because it fit into the natural curves of my lips. It was interesting, but I'm curious to how it's going look after I use it up for a while.


When I first applied this, I was really impressed by the texture. It's just so velvety and it feels amazing on your lips. And it's so pigmented. The color payoff is amazing for a drugstore product and it doesn't feel heavy or greasy. You barely feel anything at all. Plus, it's moisturizing. And in Minnesota winters, you want all the moisture you can get.

The lasting power is a little bit better than a standard lipstick. The color lasted after drinking and faded nicely. But it did not last during a workout, though. But nothing lasts during a workout.

Pros
-Pigmented
-Cheap
-Long wearing
-Velvety
-Nice packaging

Cons
-Not the color I expected

Overall- I'm planning on going back and getting more shades ASAP! As soon as I get paid. ;) The shade is not what I wanted, but maybe someone else will get more use out of it and I'll get more shades that I like a lot more. But based on the formula, I love it. Definitely recommend that you go and get some.

What do you guys think? Have you tired any NYX lipsticks? See you next time! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment